Core Faculty and Staff
Core faculty has direct responsibility for teaching, student advising, and supervision of independent student learning and critical exploration. You can find more specific information on the core faculty on each individual faculty member’s page.
- Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine (Physical Therapy) at CUIMC; Board-Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Associate Director of Student Retention & Advancement, Director of Columbia RunLab, Programs in Physical Therapy
Lobna Elsarafy, PT, PhD, NCS
- Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine (Physical Therapy) at CUIMC
Samantha Sawade, PT, DPT, OCS
- Instructor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine (Physical Therapy) at CUIMC
Gina Frassetto, MPA
- Administrative & Business Manager
Gina keeps our finances and administrative matters in order. She is responsible for the overall administrative and business management of the physical and occupational therapy programs including finance and budget, human resources issues, and contract review for clinical education.
Stephanie Henkin Buraczewski
- Administrative Coordinator, Clinical Education
Born and raised in Manhattan, Stephanie attended Indiana University's Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Program and has a background in many sports. Over the years she sustained several injuries that sent her to physical therapy. She uses her experience to assist students with their clinical choices and always offers an ear and sense of humor should they need to talk. Stephanie is an avid equestrian and proud mom of a 18-year-old-horse named Pony Danza, aka Skyler. She also has a rescue dog named Benny who is studying to be the DPT program's first therapy dog! She is a die-hard Broadway fanatic and is always ready to recommend a show.