Skip to content
Back to top
- Gross, linear folds in the visual axis may cause reduced vision due to optical aberrations and irregular astigmatism.
- Thin or large flap
- Excessive dehydration of the flap
- High myopic or hyperopic correction
- Uneven smoothing of the corneal flap surface after the primary procedure
- If identified early, the flap may be relifted, stretched, hydrated and gently smoothed to remove the striae.
- In recalcitrant cases, suture placement at the flap edge has been reported to be successful to remove the striae.