Skip to content
Back to top
- Autosomal recessive metabolic disorder that causes cystine crystal deposition in multiple organs.
- Glare, phophobia and mild decrease in vision as the deposits may accumulate progressively throughout the cornea and involve visual axis
- Decreased corneal sensation
- Needle shaped, refractile, polychromatic corneal crystal deposits
- May involve conjunctiva and iris
- Lenticular or retinal deposits may occur in a more severe case
- Treat the systemic disease.
- Topical cysteamine drops may decrease the crystals accumulation rate.
- Penetrating keratoplasty may be considered in severe cases.