Follow these steps to get reimbursed for club expenses.
- Download the electronic form (log-in required) or print a paper copy from the website. It is easiest to type the form because there is limited space to write. Then print it out, sign the paper copy, and submit it to the VP&S Club Office with the information noted in step 3.
- Use the sample form on the back of your paper copy (and on the website) to help fill the form out correctly. An incomplete form delays your reimbursement.
- Make sure to do the following:
- Complete all items in the “Overall Business Description,” including the full name of the associated club (no acronyms) and the purpose of the purchase. If it is food, include the type of meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner), date/time, and location.
- Include all associated original receipts. They must be taped onto 8 ½ x 11” paper in chronological order and itemized (even for meals).
- Complete a description for each receipt, not just the name of the vendor. Each expense line is for a new receipt and should include the information in full for each receipt.
- Include supporting documentation: fliers, posters, conference itineraries, email advertisement, etc.
- If your reimbursement is for food, please indicate the number of people in attendance at the event. If less than 10, please list names.
- Always use a tax exempt form; otherwise you should contact the vendor to get tax refunded.
- Provide evidence of the payment method (if it is not listed on the original receipt with the last four digits of the credit card) by submitting a copy of your credit card statement, which shows the funds were withdrawn.
- Please do not staple the paperwork; paperclip all pages together.
- If you have not been reimbursed by Columbia University before, you must also complete and include a W9 form. If you only need to update your address from the last time you were reimbursed, use Columbia's online ARC Vendor/Payee Request Web Form and follow the prompts. After completing this form, you will receive an email to confirm your information. Make sure to complete any additional tasks as directed in the email.
Hand in paperwork when all steps noted above are completed.