Skip to content
Back to top
- Fluid accumulation within the sensory retina in the macular area.
- Common complication following uneventful cataract surgery.
- Decreased or blurred vision depends on the extent of the edema
- Hyperopic refractive shift
- Ophthalmoscope examination shows macular detail obscuration
- Anterior segment vitreous strands or incarceration may be seen if cataract surgery was complicated with vitreous loss
- Fluorescein angiography demonstrates typical petaloid appearance of fluorescein dye leakage during angiography.
- Topical or sub-tenon's steroids
- Vitrectomy in refractory CME caused by vitreous incarceration