Skip to content
Back to top
- May be isolated or part of more severe intraocular injuries.
- Symptoms: ocular irritation, pain and foreign body sensation.
- Signs include chemosis, subconjunctival hemorrhage and torn conjunctiva.
- Thorough eye examination under topical or general anesthesia includes dilated fundus examination to rule out intraocular foreign body.
- Seidel test to rule out open globe injury.
- CT scan to rule out intraocular foreign body.
- Prophylactic topical antibiotics for small lacerations.
- Surgical repair may be required for large lacerations.