Skip to content
Back to top
Traumatic Iris Coloboma
- Can be caused by penetrating or non-penetrating injuries to the globe.
- Blurry vision
- Monocular diplopia
- Absence of sectoral iris tissue
- Often associated with cataract
- In an emergency case, it is often associated with hyphema and other ocular structures defects such as rupture globe, conjunctival or corneal laceration and cataract
- Careful routine examination of ocular injuries.
- Supportive with sunglasses, tinted contact lens or contact lens with artificial pupil.
- Surgical iridoplasty in patients with severe and intolerable symptoms.