CUIMC Muslim Student Association
The CUIMC Muslim Student Association is an organization that promotes tolerance and diversity among its members. All students, staff, and faculty members across Columbia's medical center are welcome to join us and build connections within the broader campus community.
Our events are held sporadically throughout the school year. Examples of events hosted in the past year are:
- Community Iftar/dinner with Columbia medical center students, staff, and guests
- Dessert social
- Host of Muslim Inter-Scholastic Tournament for high school youth
- Farewell dinner for graduating class
- Weekly Iftars during the holy month of Ramadan
- Weekly Friday Jummah prayers are held at Milstein hospital on the second floor (see below for designated prayer spaces.)
Prayer Spaces at Columbia's Medical Center
The following are designated prayer spaces on campus:
- Chapel: Enter from the Vanderbilt building to use this prayer space. For daily prayers, there is a small room near the front right of the chapel that has prayer mats. Friday prayers are also held in the chapel on a weekly basis at 1:15 p.m.
- Milstein Chapel: Located on the second floor of Milstein Hospital, this chapel has prayer rugs inside for use.
- Hammer Health Sciences Building: The prayer space is LL2-221 and requires key card access. To gain access, go to the ID Card Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to join our mailing list, email email@example.com.