Visiting Student Program
Visiting students are eligible for electives at CUIMC if they meet all the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in their final year of medical school at one of the following:
- Ben Gurion University,
- International Exchange Affiliation (must be pre-approved by home school),
- LCME-accredited school in the US/Canada,
- Osteopathic school, or
- Sackler School of Medicine New York Program.
- Completed at least 4-6 core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and 2 other specialties (including the elective specialty in which they are applying, where available).
Eligibility for specific electives is denoted in the VSLO course catalog.
Students enrolled in schools in schools that are part of our International Exchange Affiliation program must have approval from their home school and those applications are processed through OASIS. You can find the application here.
Elective Application Instructions
Eligible visiting students from LCME-accredited and Osteopathic schools will use VSLO to submit their applications.
- To expedite the onboarding process and prevent delays please begin completing the required information from the Student Health office.
- Every effort will be made for decision notifications to be made 6-8 weeks prior to the start of the desired elective month(s).
Application & Decision Timelines
|Desired Month||Catalog & Application Opening Date||Application Submission Deadline||Decisions Made (Estimate)|
|February 2023||Not available to visiting students.|
|March 2023||Not available to visiting students.|
|April 2023||Not available to visiting students.|
|May 2023||2/1/23||2/15/23||March 2023|
|June 2023||2/15/23||2/28/23||April 2023|
|July 2023||3/24/23||4/27/23||May 2023|
|August 2023||3/24/23||4/27/23||June 1, 2023|
|September 2023||3/24/23||4/27/23||June 15, 2023|
|October 2023||3/24/23||7/15/23||August 2023|
|November 2023||3/24/23||7/15/23||August 2023|
|December 2023||3/24/23||7/15/23||August 2023|
VP&S Electives Schedule
Please review our UserVoice article on scheduling and start dates.
Visiting Student Catalog
Explore the Visiting Student Course Catalog on VSLO.
Visiting Student FAQ
For additional information, explore the Visiting Student Program FAQ section on our Knowledge Base.
Housing at CUIMC
During the busy summer months, visiting students can review housing options on or near campus using Rotating Room. Housing may also be available on-campus from October through April of each year through the CUIMC Housing Office.