Visiting Student Program
Visiting students are eligible for electives at CUIMC if they meet all the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in their final year of medical school at one of the following:
- Ben Gurion University,
- International Exchange Affiliation (must be pre-approved by home school),
- LCME-accredited school in the US/Canada,
- Osteopathic school, or
- Sackler School of Medicine New York Program.
- Completed at least 4-6 core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and 2 other specialties (including the elective specialty in which they are applying, where available).
Eligibility for specific electives is denoted in the OASIS catalog for Visiting Students.
Elective Application Instructions
All eligible visiting students will use OASIS to submit their application. Please register and follow the instructions within the application portal here. Note that requirements vary slightly depending on student level.
- Part A: Confirmation of Eligibility
- Register with OASIS based on your student group, and complete Steps 1-4.
- Part B: Institutional Review*
*More information about Part B will be sent out to students after placement in an elective. Applicants should focus on submitting their Part A application by their desired elective deadline.
- Required application documents include, but are not limited to: your signed Part A and Immunization form, CV, Official Transcript, Photo, and etc.
- Decisions will be made around 4-6 weeks prior to start of desired elective month(s).
Application & Decision Timelines
|Desired Month||Opening Date||Part A Submission Deadline||Decisions Made (Estimate)|
|March 2021||Not available to visiting students.|
|April 2021||Not available to visiting students.|
|July 2021||4/26/21||5/7/21||mid-May 2021|
|August 2021||4/26/21||6/1/21||mid-June 2021|
|September 2021||4/26/21||7/1/21||mid-July 2021|
|October 2021||4/26/21||8/2/21||mid-August 2021|
|November 2021||7/1/21||9/1/21||mid-September 2021|
|December 2021||7/1/21||10/1/21||mid-October 2021|
VP&S Electives Schedule
Please review our UserVoice article on scheduling and start dates.
Visiting Student Catalog
Explore the Visiting Student Course Catalog on Oasis.
Visiting Student FAQ
For additional information, explore the Visiting Student Program FAQ section on Knowledge Base.
Housing at CUIMC
During the busy summer months, visiting students can review housing options on or near campus using Rotating Room. Housing may also be available on-campus from October through April of each year through the CUIMC Housing Office.