Skip to content
Back to top
- Usually caused by mechanical contraction of proliferative membranes that elevate the retina.
- Commonly associated with:
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy
- Proliferative sickle-cell retinopathy
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Proliferative vitreoretinopahy (PVR)
- Proliferative fibrous membrane
- Smooth, concave detachment toward the anterior segment
- Vitreoretinal traction
- Normal intraocular pressure
- Release of vitreoretinal traction by vitrectomy and membrane dissection.