Skip to content
Back to top
- Iris tissue or ciliary process incarceration in the trabeculectomy fistula is an occasional cause of a failed filtering bleb.
- The procedure is likely to be successful when the filtering bleb remains functional for months or years prior to failure.
- If the incarceration is noted early postoperatively, the tissue may be repositioned or removed by incising the tissue
- Argon and/or Nd:YAG laser to remove the tissue from the trabeculectomy fistula site
- Surgical revision procedure