Dr. Steven Kane was born in Cleveland, Ohio and attended Miami University where he received undergraduate and graduate school degrees in physics summa cum laude. He attended the Medical Scientist Training Program at Washington University in St. Louis where he received doctoral degrees in Medicine and in Neural Sciences.
Following training as a Heed Fellow in pediatric and neuro-ophthalmology, Dr. Kane joined the faculties of the Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute and the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1995. He then pursued additional training in pediatric glaucoma at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston.
Dr. Kane's clinical practice emphasizes pediatric neuro-ophthalmology, the diagnosis of genetic and metabolic diseases, and the care of children with pediatric glaucoma and cataract. His research interests include retinopathy of prematurity, mitochondrial disorders, and pediatric glaucoma.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Pediatric Cataract Surgery
- Pediatric Glaucoma
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Oxford Health Plans
- Freedom PPO
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Internship: St Louis University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian