The Wu Family China Center for Health Initiatives
The Wu Family China Center for Health Initiatives ("Wu Family China Center") at the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons (VP&S) is committed to creating and facilitating research-based collaborations between VP&S and outstanding institutions in Greater China through a Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and other opportunities for scientific exchange.
The Wu Family Center has contributed to the important scientific discoveries related to SARS-CoV-2 that have emerged from Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center (ADARC) at VP&S since ADARC merged with VP&S in January 2020. A list of publications is included below. We gratefully acknowledge the flexibility and support of the Wu Family Center in empowering us to respond to this public health emergency with science initiated through collaborations with colleagues in Greater China.
- Potent neutralizing antibodies against multiple epitopes on SARS-CoV-2 spike. Nature 2020.
- Antibody resistance of SARS-CoV-2 variants B.1.351 and B.1.1.7. Nature 2020.
- Emergence and expansion of SARS-CoV-2 B.1.526 after identification in New York. Nature 2021.
- An antibody class with a common CDRH3 motif broadly neutralizes sarbecoviruses. Science Translational Medicine 2021.
- Striking antibody evasion manifested by the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2. Nature 2022.
- Antibody evasion properties of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron sublineages. Nature 2022.
- Rebound of SARS-CoV-2 Infection after Nirmatrelvir-Ritonavir Treatment. The New England Journal of Medicine 2022.
- Antibody evasion by SARS-CoV-2 Omicron subvariants BA.2.12.1, BA.4 and BA.5. Nature 2022.
- Multiple pathways for SARS-CoV-2 resistance to nirmatrelvir. Nature 2022.
- Antibody Response to Omicron Ba.4-BA.5 Bivalent Booster. The New England Journal of Medicine 2023.
- Alarming antibody evasion properties of rising SARS-CoV-2 BQ and XBB subvariants. Cell 2023.