Rafael Yanes, MD
Dr. Yanes earned his medical degree in Cuba at the Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de Villa Clara. He completed his first urology residency education in Cuba and a second residency training in urology at Columbia University, here at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr Yanes also finished a pediatric urology fellowship at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital and an endourology and stone disease fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Yanes is a member of the Florida Urological Society and the American Urologic Association. He has coordinated clinical trials and published research in the areas of urology and robotic surgery. Dr. Yanes is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Assistant Professor of Urology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, 1993 Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de Villa Clara (Cuba)
- Residency: 2016 Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship: 2011 Miami Children's Hospital