Leah M Katz, MD
Leah M. Katz, MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. She works full time at our Westchester satellite, the New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital’s Cheryl R. Lindenbaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, which she joined in 2017.
Dr. Katz actively treats all disease sites and is pleased to also offer recent advancements in treatment delivery including:
- Five fraction prostate Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Lung SBRT
- Prone breast radiation
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for breast cancer (IORT)
- Brain stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
Dr. Katz received her BS from Wesleyan University, with a double major in Biology and Science in Society, followed by a year of prostate cancer research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/ Harvard Medical School. She then went on to complete MD and MPH training at the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. Following medical school, she completed her internal medicine internship at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital, followed by radiation oncology training at NYU Langone Medical Center, where she served as Chief Resident.
During her training Dr. Katz served as vice chair of the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) committee, published several peer-reviewed manuscripts, and presented at the American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO,) the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA,) and the Society of Neurooncology (SNO) research meetings. Since joining Columbia she has been an active member of the breast and gynecological research teams.
- Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Master of Public Health (MPH), Tulane University / School of Medicine
- Medical Doctor (MD), Tulane University / School of Medicine
- 2012 Tulane University School of Medicine
- Residency: 2017 NYU School of Medicine
- Radiation Oncology