New Education Initiatives
March 10, 2022
- David Kessler and Rob Maniker and the Columbia Laboratory for Extended Reality in Health Professions were awarded an Emerging Technology Research Grant for their program, Transforming Cardiac Arrest Education through VR as well as a RFP grant from the VP&S Clinical Innovation Lab for their project, Virtual Reality Training for Ultrasound-Guided Central Line Placement!
- David Kessler, Janice Shin-Kim, Robin Goland, and Magdalena Bogun were awarded a grant from the Berrie Foundation for their interdisciplinary project, Diabetes and Medical Simulation: Enhancing the Management of Diabetic Emergencies in an Acute Setting through Innovative Training!
- Cecilia Sorenson is launching the new Climate and Health Responder Course.
- The following faculty have been awarded IHPE grants:
- Larry Stanberry, Kellie Bryant, Susan Rosenthal, Jennifer Dohrn, and Phil LaRussa received their IHPE Curriculum Innovation grant to support the development of a novel interprofessional course on vaccine safety, hesitancy, and confidence the course will be presented through Columbia Commons IPE!
- Sam Master received an IHPE Curriculum Innovation grant to support the development of novel curricula on LGBT Health Equity.
- Anette Wu received an IHPE mini-grant to support her work in the internationalization of medical education,
- Taylor Sewell received an IHPE curriculum innovation grant to support the expansion of the CUIMC/CBS interdisciplinary elective in healthcare management, design, and strategy.