We are pleased to announce the formation of a mutual mentorship program for Apgar members to support each other with specific aspects of our work in education. The inaugural group is being formed around curriculum design, with Drs. Steven Canfield, Elsa-Grace Giardina, James Noble and Delphine Taylor as mentors. We invite Academy members who are directing/revising courses, or moving into new teaching roles, to sign-up to work on a specific curriculum design project. Your engagement in the Mentorship Program will build your network of educators, provide mentorship on curriculum design from experienced educators, and support your peers.
Applicants must be current members of the Virginia A. Apgar Academy for Medical Educators
Your application should include:
- Cover Sheet including your name, contact information, department and academic title
- Personal statement (1-2 pages), to include:
- Brief summary of teaching experience
- Current role in education
- History of participating in other mentorship programs
- Description of the curricular project you want to work on
- The timeframe for your project
- What you hope to achieve through this specific program
- Current CV (in Enhanced CUIMC format)
Please submit application materials to Dara Matseoane, MD, MPH firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8th, 2021.
Up to eight participants will be selected for this pilot program and will be notified no later than end of November.