Fall 2023 E-News About and for Alumni
- Members of the Class of 2027 were welcomed to VP&S at the August White Coat Ceremony. Read more.
VP&S and CUIMC News
- See a list of full-time faculty who joined VP&S during the first half of calendar 2023.
- Aimee Payne, MD, PhD, a University of Pennsylvania faculty member, will join VP&S as chair of the Department of Dermatology in December. Read more.
Read more news in the CUIMC Newsroom.
A Selection of Class Notes
- Norbert Hirschhorn’62 received the 2023 Michael Pupin Medal. Read more.
- Nobel Laureate Harold Varmus’66 shares his 10 tips for a life in science. Read more.
- Robert Lefkowitz'66 was honored at a symposium celebrating his 50 years at Duke University. Read more.
- Phillipa Woodriffe'76 has been included in Marquis Who's Who. Read more.
- Adele J. Wolfson’79 PhD has received the ASBMB Sustained Leadership Award from the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Read more.
- Read about the career of spine surgeon Frank Cammisa Jr.’82.
- Lee Jones’83 received one of the inaugural AAMC ACE Awards, for advocacy, collaboration, and education, from the Association of American Medical Colleges. He also was elected chair of the AAMC board of directors for 2023-24.
- Robert Gaiser’88 has been named to the board of directors of the American Board of Medical Specialties. Read more.
- Eric Lazar’89 has joined Valley Health System in New Jersey as chair of surgical services for Valley Medical Group. Read more.
- Donald Lloyd-Jones’91 will step down as chair of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine at the end of the academic year. Read more.
- Tom Inglesby’92 was elected this year to the National Academy of Medicine. Read more.
- Zenobia Brown’97 was recognized by Modern Healthcare publication as one of the Top Innovators 2023. Read more.
- Jen Ashton’00 has launched a new magazine, Better with Dr. Jen Ashton. Read more.
- Read about Themistocles Protopsaltis’01, chief of spine surgery at NYU Langone Health.
- Michelle Au’03, a member of the Georgia State Senate since 2021 and a candidate for the Georgia State House, is mentioned in an op-ed published in the Atlanta Voice newspaper. Read more.
- Yale published a Q&A with Megan Ranney’04, the new dean of the university’s public health school. Read more.
- Read about E. Jennifer Edelman’05, a faculty member at Yale.
- Mariza Daras’08 is the new chief of neuro-oncology at Virginia Commonwealth University’s Massey Cancer Center. Read more.
- Daniela Lamas’08 wrote two essays for the New York Times: one about Jimmy Carter and his decision to enter hospice care, the other about the use of AI in medical practice.
- Gary Linkov’12 authored a My Turn essay in Newsweek. Read more.
- Eric Tang’13 is on the de Beaumont Foundation’s list of 40 Under 40 in Public Health. Read more.
- Upper Allegheny Health System in Pennsylvania presented an award to Christian Wilson’13. Read more.
- Spinal neurosurgeon Juan Mejia Munne’16 has joined Cincinnati-based Mayfield Brain & Spine. Read more.
- Lisa Tian’18 will join the Upper East Side clinical site of ENT and Allergy Associates in New York in August 2024. Read more.
- Clifford Tepper’46
- Ellen Zinsser Green’49
- John Gustafson’49
- James M. Garvey’54
- Charles Chastain’56
- Richard A. Anderson’60
- Rita Weinberg Clark’60
- Peter Dunne’60
- William Klein’62
- John Kovach’62
- George Mauerman’63
- Kenneth Marshall’64
- Patrick Dowling’65
- David Svahn’65
- James Taylor’70
- Shearwood McClelland’74
- Donald Kurth'79
- Lawrence Cheung’98
Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: External links are current at the time of this posting. The Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons is not responsible for the content of external websites.