Thank you for considering the Fellowship Program in Hematology/Oncology at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center! We welcome the opportunity to continue your training at one of the top cancer centers in the United States.
Applications for appointments beginning in July 2021, will only be accepted through ERAS, The Electronic Residency Application Service.
Additionally, we will participate in the National Resident Matching Program Medical Specialty Matching Service (SMS). Applicants must register separately with NRMP to participate in the Specialty Matching Service.
Our formal deadline for applications is August 12, 2022, but residents are encouraged to apply as early as possible. We will review all submitted applications, but may not be able to extend interviews to late applicants. We will begin reviewing applications starting in mid-August, under the new ERAS guidelines for academic year 2023-2024.
Interviews will begin September 2022, and extend until October 31, 2022. Specific dates within that time frame will be selected and offered when interview invitations are extended.
Please comply with the following guidelines when completing your application. Only applications with all requested materials will be reviewed.
Through ERAS, please submit the following required materials:
Post-Grad Year 2 and Beyond
- ERAS common application form (CAF)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal goals statement
- Medical school transcripts
- 2 to 4 letters of reference
(Including Chief of Service/Department Chair and your current Program Director. References should be within one year of current training.)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript with scores
- Wallet-sized color photo
- ECFMG status report (international medical graduates only)
Helpful Dates to Remember
- July 15, 2022: Applicants submit application materials through ERAS. (applications, letters of recommendation, Dean's Letter/MSPE, transcripts, and other supporting credentials)
- August 12, 2022: Deadline for submitting applications to Columbia
- Late August 2022: Columbia begins responding to applicants
- September 2022: Columbia begins interviewing candidates
- October 31, 2022: Columbia completes interview process
- November 16, 2022: Match rank order list closes
- November 30, 2022: Match Day
Foreign applicants may apply to the program and are advised that NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital will not petition or sponsor H visas. Only J-1 visas will be supported.
Please note that neither NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital nor Columbia University Irving Medical Center assumes responsibility for any associated fees or expenses related to the petition.
Information relating to the visa inquiries can be found on the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates website.
We look forward to seeing your application!