Affiliated Centers and Institutes
- The Grossman Center for the Statistics of Mind: A collaboration between experimentalists, theorists, and data scientists that seeks to better understand the brain by applying quantitative methods to uncover deep and meaningful structure in large neural datasets.
- The Kavli Institute for Brain Science: A unique research group that focuses on the development of novel experimental and computational strategies for analyzing how signaling in neural circuits controls cognitive function and behavior. The Kavli Institute generously supports the Neurobiology Seminar Program and the Annual Spencer Lecture.
- Motor Neuron Center: A center focused on new discoveries in the field of motor neuron biology that will fuel the search for effective patient therapies.
- Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain: An institute dedicated to research that will prevent and cure Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and other age-related brain diseases.
- Center for Theoretical Neuroscience: Led by Professor Larry Abbott, theory center members interact closely with experimentalists to develop theoretical bases to explain and predict anatomical data.
- Columbia Translational Neuroscience Initiative: An umbrella organization that coordinates, faciliates, and represents the activities of Columbia Medical Center neuroscience research and disease-focused centers.
- Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute: Supported by an endowment from Mortimer B. Zuckerman, ZMBBI is a comprehensive institute for the pursuit of interdisciplinary and collaborative research in brain science.